Fwd: Snow Day -Wintertime Community Gardening

  • Subject: Fwd: [cg] Snow Day -Wintertime Community Gardening
  • From: Adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 14:53:12 EST

<< ubj: Re: [cg] Snow Day -Wintertime Community Gardening
 Date:  2/18/03 1:31:48 PM Eastern Standard Time
 From:  Jill WUGS
 To:    Adam36055

 Hi! Adam- Jill in Cedar Rapids, Iowa- that is what I do in the winter when I
miss the gardens- especially after a snow- is the shovelling- that is when I
see fellow neighbors come out of the woodwork and trade a few seed catalog
stories. I hate exercising on boring machines in a hot sweaty gym- give me a
ton of snow to shovel! With fresh fallen snow- I get to see what critters are
frolicking in the snow (and where the bunnies are getting in the gardens.)
 By the way, we only got 6 inches of snow in my part of Iowa- the most all
winter. The kids were ecstatic to get out and play in it. The neighborhood is
a lot more quiet with the snow- it slows down the thugs and the drug trade.
(Another blessing!)
 Thanks- happy shovelling!----jill    >>