Re: vancouver or victoria, BC?

  • Subject: Re: [cg] vancouver or victoria, BC?
  • From: heidi busse heidibusse@yahoo.com
  • Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 08:51:26 -0800 (PST)

Amanda!!  If you're headed that way, you MUST visit the UBC Farm in Vancouver.  Their website:  http://www.agsci.ubc.ca/ubcfarm/

UBC is a great example of a university project Serving the community's needs.  Plus, they got a good reputation and are doing Good Work.  Well organized, and diverse.  I think that they were a day host of the Community Food Security Coalition's Fall 2002 conference.  Can't say enough good about them.  Only that I'm jealous of your visit to the West Coast!!  Have safe and educational travels!

Also, if you are looking for places to land while you are in the area, the Whidbey Island Institute (Whidbey Island, WA) offers working guest accomodations.  I am not sure of the length of your time there, if this would fit into your schedule.  I think that they may ask at least a 2-week commitment from a volunteer, but I would imagine that they are open to exceptions.  Contact:  <whidinst@whidbey.com>

I knew the old volunteer coordinator, Clare, but I believe she has since left.  Anywa, their general website is:  www.whidbeyinstitute.org

Alrighty.  Peace, heidi

Heidi Busse
Monitoring Coordinator, Farm Beginnings
Land Stewardship Project
www.landstewardshipproject.org

"Every aspect of our lives is, in a sense, a vote for the kind of world we want to live in." ~Frances Moore Lappe~

Do you Yahoo!?