re. Vancouver, BC

  • Subject: [cg] re. Vancouver, BC
  • From: "Neufeld" apneufeld@uniserve.com
  • Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 16:21:32 -0800

Hi Amanda,
I'm in Vancouver.  I agree that a visit to City Farmer is worthwhile.  I work at Grandview/?Uuqinak'uuh Elementry school in East Vancouver - we have a school and community garden on site that you'd be most welcome to visit.  Drop me a line and I'll give you more specific directions.  Our website can be found at http://gra.vsb.bc.ca/garden/garden.html
Also, if you are in Vancouver you should NOT miss the most inpiring and beautiful Strathcona Community Garden and the next door Cottonwood Community Garden (part of which contains the Environmental Youth Alliance garden).
There are other smaller community gardens in Vancouver - you could probably find a listing on City Farmer's website.  Then there are the Botanical Gardens - Van Duesen and UBC being the largest ones (they have admission charges).  Last but not least, there is the UBC Farm.  They also have a website www.agsci.ubc.ca/ubcfarm  - an inovative and exciting project.
Hope you enjoy Vancouver!
Paul Neufeld