looking for school garden businesses

  • Subject: [cg] looking for school garden businesses
  • From: Amy Gifford amyg@kidsgardening.com (by way of Sally McCabe)
  • Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 18:53:27 -0500

Title: looking for school garden businesses
REPLY TO  amyg@kidsgardening.com

 Hello again,

I realize that I didn't put a time frame on my request in the email below... We are trying to move forward on the development of this new entrepreneurial book for school gardeners and we need your help! Please, if you know of a school garden business that you think NGA might be interested in including in this book, share this information with me as soon as possible. Please just send me an email so that I can follow up with you and begin to contact the schools. We are receiving incredible feedback from the schools we profiled in our most recent publication Schoolyard Mosaics: Designing Gardens and Habitats and I feel confident that school garden businesses would relish the opportunity to have their program highlighted in our upcoming publication. Please give them this opportunity and get back to me by the end of February.

Thank you,
Amy

Hello,

I hope this message finds you well and enjoying what winter has to offer in your part of the country.

The National Gardening Association is currently developing a new resource book for educators on school garden businesses. The book will feature profiles of actual school garden businesses ranging, for example, from simple plant sales to full-scale product development and marketing and plant-based services. We are seeking examples to include in the book to inspire and inform educators and students and are contacting you to see if you have come across any garden-based businesses in your work with schools. If you have, would you consider sharing these examples with us so we can consider including them in the book?

Please respond to this email with any information you think we might be interested in. Since we will need to contact project teachers/leaders for more information, please include the school and contact persons names and, if possible, some way to contact the people involved (email, phone number, address).

We greatly appreciate your assistance and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you,
Amy Gifford
Amy L.S. Gifford
Educational Associate