Growing Communities Curriculum Workshop

  • Subject: [cg] Growing Communities Curriculum Workshop
  • From: "Betsy Johnson" <betsy@chefscollaborative.org>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 09:29:57 -0500

March 5-6, 2004
in Baltimore, Maryland
at Carrie Murray Nature Center in Gwynns Falls/Leakin Park

Join the American Community Gardening Association and Parks & People for
an in-depth, hands-on workshop based on the ACGA?s curriculum for
leadership development, Growing Communities: Community Building and
Organizational Development through Community Gardening. Learn proven
strategies community organizers use to develop dynamic leaders and
create strong communities through a participatory approach to community
building.  You will not only learn the principles and practices of
community building, but learn how to pass these on to others in your
community by conducting your own workshops. This two-day workshop will
cover:
?	Community Organizing
?	Leadership Development
?	Grassroots Fundraising Basics
?	Communications Planning
?	Coalition Building

Participants receive the Growing Communities Curriculum, a 300+ page
resource, including a set of curriculum materials that walk the reader
through the process of conducting training workshops. In addition to the
topics covered in this workshop, the Curriculum also addresses
Diversity, Asset-Based Community Development, Meeting Facilitation and
Group Decision-Making, Developing a Board of Directors, and Grassroots
Fundraising, Specific Strategies.

When:  Friday, Mar. 5, 8:30 a.m.-8 p.m. (breakfast, lunch and dinner
provided) AND Saturday, Mar. 6, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. (breakfast and lunch
provided)

Workshop cost is $45.
Space limited to 25 participants.
Registration and advance payment required!  Return form below with
check.
Registration for Growing Communities Workshop
American Community Gardening Association and Parks & People Foundation
March 5-6, 2004, Baltimore, MD

Yes!  I would like to attend.  Enclosed find my check for $45 payable to
Parks & People.

No, I am not able to attend, but I would like the Growing Communities
curriculum for $35.

Name ________________________________________________

Return form to: Parks & People, Attn: Colleen Barrett, 800 Wyman Park
Dr., Ste. 010, Baltimore, MD 21211

For information on nearby accommodations or directions: contact Mary
Cox, Urban Resources Initiative Program Manager, Parks & People,
410-448-5663 x107 or mary.cox@parksandpeople.org.
Or Betsy Johnson, 617-236-5200 or betsy@bgjohnson.com