Composting

  • Subject: [cg] Composting
  • From: "Libby J. Goldstein" <libby@igc.org>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 20:32:41 -0500

At Southwark/Queen Village Garden (established in in South Philadelphia in 1976) we have committees for almost all communal activities including composting.

Our piles are mostly contained. Some people chop their stuff, and some don't. The committee(males and females alike) meet every month or so during our monthly garden clean-up days and turn the stuff or shovel it from one bin to the next.

It ain't beautiful, but it works, and we get lots of compost for our 67 plots.

Libby

______________________________________________________ The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org