RE: Growing edibles on streetsides
- Subject: RE: [cg] Growing edibles on streetsides
- From: "Sharon Gordon" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 10:58:47 -0500
- Importance: Normal
I wouldn't do this either.
Somethings you could do there:
1) Grow cutting flowers. (And have a separate compost area for these flowers
for when they are done or deadheaded where the compost only goes back to the
street flowers.) Be sure flowers are short enough or located far enough from
corners and driveways where they won't impair visibility.
2) Grow perennials, butterfly larva plants, and or butterfly attracting
plants for beauty. Try to avoid ones loved by birds so birds will not get
hit by cars as they come into to land on the flowers.
3) Plant a wildflower demonstration and identification garden.
The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org
To post an e-mail to the list: email@example.com
To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription: https://secure.mallorn.com/mailman/listinfo/community_garden