How to Send Your Love to Karl Linn's Family

  • Subject: [cg] How to Send Your Love to Karl Linn's Family
  • From: Adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 07:53:45 EST

This is a note I sent off to his wife Nicole a few days ago, when I heard of
Karl's illness. You can send your love to his family at this address:

Karl Linn
1608 Acton Street
Berkeley, CA 94720
(510) 841-8723 fax

Subj:   My Prayers and Love are with you and Karl
Date:   2/1/05 12:00:14 PM Mid-Atlantic Standard Time

Dear Nicole,

I believe that you were with Karl when a group of community gardeners decided
to  have a few drinks at the "West End," after a session at the 2002  ACGA
Convention at Columbia University. My late wife Allegra Benveniste Honigman, a
nurse with a great bullshit detector,  was there and really enjoyed Karl, whom
she felt was real, caring and funny - well worth taking the day off work to
meet.  Allegra died at 53 and somehow knew that her time was fleeting - Karl
and is well worth her's and all of our time.  Karl is a giver, doer and real
life teacher - and he tells a great joke. There aren't many like him, and the
idea that he's leaving us is hard to accept.

I remember Karl from the early days on the Lower East Side, someone from my
father's refugee generation who had enough love left inside of him -  after
horrors of Mr. Hitler's years,  to grow gardens, and community - to teach
what he knew to all of us. Karl's legacy to the community garden movement -
of his many interests, is extremely precious.

Please give Karl my best regards and love,
Adam Honigman
Clinton Community Garden