RE:outdoor ovens

  • Subject: [cg] RE:outdoor ovens
  • From: "Appelhans" letsgrow@srv.net
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 13:56:17 -0700

Hi, Lisa Rose,

Another good reference for outdoor ovens (which we used with our children's
program to build 2 mud ovens with 20+ kids) is Build Your Own Earth Oven by
Kiko Denzer, Hand Print Press. The kids had a ball making the ovens, the
ovens cook a beautiful loaf of bread and wonderful pizza (top temperature to
date - 715 degrees!) and we can freshen the ovens each summer with a new
application of mud so they just keep getting thicker and doing a better job
holding the heat. Kids and adults alike are amazed with both the process and
the result. Check out our website for newly updated pictures!

Good luck,

Kristi Appelhans

Idaho Falls Community Garden Association