Community Garden Development Institute and Garden AssistanceGrants!

  • Subject: [cg] Community Garden Development Institute and Garden AssistanceGrants!
  • From: "Amanda M. Edmonds" amanda@growinghope.net
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 18:25:20 -0500

Community Garden Development Institute and Garden Assistance Grants!

Thinking of growing together?  The Community  Garden Development
Institute is a series of practical and hands on sessions for  groups
interested in starting and maintaining organic gardens in community
settings. The four Thursday evening sessions of the Institute (March 9,
16, 23, 30 from 6:30-9:30 pm) will cover key aspects of developing and
sustaining gardens,  emphasizing how your garden team can effectively
plan, start & maintain garden.  Are you a part of a group ready to take
the plunge and start a garden?  Head to www.growinghope.net to download
the applications for the class.  Apps are due February 27th!

Additionally, groups comprised of or serving low-income residents
within  the Ypsilanti area may apply for a Garden Assistance Grant from
Growing Hope to receive start up construction materials, consultation
and additional support.  An additional application is required and also
available on our website. The Institute and Garden Assistance Grants
are supported by a Michigan Dept of Community Health -- Washtenaw Steps
Up grant, being facilitated locally through the Ypsilanti Health
Coalition with support from Washtenaw County Public Health!

Do you know of or are part of a group that would like to learn more
about what it takes to start a community or school garden?  We'd love
to make a presentation about the Institute, Growing Hope, and community
gardens in general.  Please get in touch!

Please see our website, www.growinghope.net for applications for the
Community Garden Development Institute and Growing Hopes Garden
Assistance Grants

Happy Gardening!
Lizzie Ayer
New Garden Development Coordinator.

Amanda Maria Edmonds
Executive Director, Growing Hope

"We must be the change we wish to see in the world."
"To forget to dig the earth and to tend the soil is to forget
					-Mahatma Gandhi