Piped in Water, Anyone?

  • Subject: [cg] Piped in Water, Anyone?
  • From: adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 09:19:01 -0500

One expensive, though doable solution to the muss and fuss of storage barrels ( mosquitoes, etc) is getting water piped in from your municipality.

Yes, getting the plumbing done, a water vault installed, a meter - working out a deal by which the city picks up the water cost ( usually with the Parks Dept) and laying out piping throughout your garden is alot of work and mess, but the rewards are being able to turn on a spigot and get water for your hose.

Writing grants and internal fundraising is how groups that I've worked with have done this. Like anything else of this sort, it's usually a long, protracted process, unless you find the right foundation and donors pretty quickly.

And you also have to remember to shut the water down when the freeze is going to hit, so the pipes don't burst.

Regards,

Adam Honigman