Re: grading and survey

  • Subject: Re: [cg] grading and survey
  • From: adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 12:41:39 -0500

Friend,

George Washington was a surveyor - a thought about your query on Presidents Day Weekend.

This is a link to  the League of California Surveying Organizations: http://www.lcso.com/about.htm

And a link to Pacific Land, an outfit that trains people to take the California Licensed Surveyor's exam:

         http://pacificland.com/

Some off the cuff ideas to get some reduced rate or donated surveying.

You might want to reach out to both of these organizations and say, "Lookit, we're a not-for-profit little garden and two grand is kinda stiff - do you think one of your classes  might wanna take us on as a project? This ain't some fancy oil lease, or buildling condos - it's for tomatoes and roses. Can you help us, please? We'll buy your group a  really good lunch, heck, I'll personally buy the beer and grill some steaks."

If they say, forget about it, there's somebody on staff with a California Licensed Surveyor's certification who works for your local municipality, or the highway system who could be reached out to via official or unofficial means. Somebody has to know somebody who does zoning in your area and knows a licensed surveyor.

 And when you get someone, be sure you are willing to write a very nice letter to her/hisboss and your local politicians about how his very nice dontation of a morning or afternoon is going to help you raise food for the hungry in your community, provide a safe haven for kids and seniors, etc.

And be sure her/his office gets a bushell of tomatoes, or whatever you're growing as a follow up.

Please let us all know on this listserv how this worked out for you,

Regards,
Adam Honigman