Re: [AG] Genetically-Engineered Agriculture

Dale wrote:

>There seems to be a number of people getting paranoid over Genetic
>Engineering. You can get some knowledge about the subject by going to
>http://www.organicgardening.com/articles/article1_a.html

Okay.  This is a good article.  I mentioned it in my book review a couple of
weeks ago.

>Some people maintain that Monsanto, DuPoint, and others are in the field of
>genetic engineering in order to make a dollar. That's how you got your
>toast, orange, eggs, and bacon for breakfast this morning. I thought this
>was the American way so what's so improper in making money.

There's nothing wrong with making money in and of itself -- it's "making
money" while destroying the environment so that future generations can't
make a livlihood where some of us have some difficulties.

>Do any of you have some feeling about the subject that you are willing to
>divulge?

So, Dale, you actually *read* the OG article and you aren't worried?
Scientifically refute the statements make in the article and then we'll
talk. . .

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator
St. John's Organic Community Garden

A mission of