School and community gardening resources

I am the Program Planner of a community-based youth service, community
development, and human service organization in Utica, NY.   We have recently
received a grant from the EPA to perform environmental organizing in
low-income neighborhoods in Utica.  Our organization operates three youth
community service programs - the Utica Youth Corps funded by the AmeriCorps
program through the New York State Corps Collaboration, the Green Team
financed by the New York State Department of Labor, and a HUD funded
Youthbuild Program.  We are currently developing a community garden,
neighborhood beautification, and urban revitalization project.  We are
requesting your technical assistance in making this project possible.  Please
send me the following information:
1.  Information on comparable projects in your projects;
2.  The use of community service corps in such projects;
3.  Program policies and procedures manuals.
4.  Sources of funding and how to mobilize community support, volunteers, and
in-kind donations;
5.  sample grant proposals and funding requests;
6.  Information about your organization, including annual report, sample
newsletters, and publication lists.
7.  brochures, volunteer training materials, other useful information.

Thank you very much.

John Furman
Program Planner
Utica Community Action, Inc.