RE: Tufts Study, Rural Community Gardens

In NYC there is a CG in the Bronx which uses some of its tomatoes and summer
produce to help provide food for the soup kitchen that it also runs, but for
most of our CGs, because of the limited size of NYC gardens, the food
production is really minor. Where we get food for the poor is usually from
food banks and left- overs from restaurants. The Sunday soup kitchen that I
personally work at my synagogue usually buys most of its fixings from
wholesale grocers. (My fellow kitchen workers think I'm odd to take the
celery tops and potato/carrot  peelings with me because, as non-gardeners,
they have no idea about composting.)

That there is hunger and homelessness in the US at all is an abomination.

I hope that Sullivan and others can help show us how to do better,