comparing price, practices, places

I am new to the leadership of a community garden in CT. and would like to
expand and improve on our program .I have been looking for information .
There are so many questions .     How much to charge for plots ,how big,
rules, resources, responsibility and how to get people to do community
service . Any Ideas ?