RE: Seeking examples of Community gardens in Zoning Codes, Planning Documents, Ordinances,etc.

Joe:

Per our call, check out the land use ordinances in Toronto and Montreal for
North American examples of well established Zoning Codes and Ordinances, and
official Land Use Plan and Policy documents for your use.

I'd also contact somebody at the Midwest regional office of the Trust for
Public Land for land use language pointers. :
http://www.igc.apc.org/tpl/nearu/mwro/index.html

If they come up empty, try the TPL National office for applicable statutes,
policy etc. - the "green cities program" people may have some additonal
language for you to lift in yur drafting process:

http://www.igc.apc.org/tpl/nearu/

This English CG site and links may be useful to you:

http://www.farmgarden.org.uk/

Please let us all know how this works our for you.

Adam Honigman