Greetings and Urban Agriculture

Dear ACGA,

My name's Liz Kirchner. I'm an agronomist in Washington, D.C. I'm
starting graduate school in the fall (Environmental Science and
Public Policy) and I'm trying to form a research project examining
urban community gardening systems in Washington.

I know that part of the ACGA's mission statement is to encourage
research in community gardening. I wonder what kind of research the
ACGA sees as needed in the community gardening/urban agriculture
forum?  For example, is research into policy impediments or marketing
more important at this juncture than further characterization of
gardeners and their motivations?  Is horticultural extension
information the limiting factor?  Or, are cities greening nicely,
thank you?  I would appreciate any information, insight, or advice
you might give me.

Thank you very much and best regards,
Liz Kirchner

--