Need Help In Developing A Community Garden

Hello my name is Edgar Puga. I am a student at California State University, Northridge and I am currently working with the community of Sylmar to develop a community garden. We are also working with Sylmar High School and helping develop their gardening facilities up to date. This is a project that we are just starting and I would really appreciate it if you can give me any information that might be helpful to make this project a successful project. Any information can be helpful, from where to get funding, obtain a piece of land around the Sylmar area or any other organizations that might be helpful to us and the future of this project. Please feel free to contact me at any time at (818) 677-5207 or email me at gearupgarden@hotmail.com  Thank you and have a nice day.