From: Sanger, Amy [mailto:Amy.Sanger@ci.sj.ca.us]
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2001 3:07 PM
To: 'community_garden@mallorn.com'
Subject: [cg] choosing a composting toilet for community gardens

Hello, gardeners!

The City of San Josť is interested in installing composting toilets at
several of our 16 community gardens.  Does anyone have experience choosing
an appropriate model?  The sites we are considering have some very different
factors to take into account, including different sizes, handicap
accessibility, etc.  I have been researching this topic for awhile and am
having difficulty finding un-biased information (i.e. industry overview
opposed to manufacturer information).  Any leads or expertise would be
greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Happy gardening,

Amy

Amy Sanger
Program Assistant
Community Gardening Program
City of San Josť Department of Parks, Recreation and Neighborhood Services
1295 Johnson Avenue
San Josť, CA   95129
(408) 277-4573