RE: choosing a composting toilet for community gardens

The first thing I would do is to have somebody in your city's legal dept.
research your local sanitary and plumbing codes and have one of your local
sanitary/health dept engineers check out the specifications on all of the
models you eventually choose to consider. Believe me, you don't want to have
one city dept. citing another city dept. over composting toilets.

Unfortunately, composting toilets are against NYC's health code so we can't
consider them here.

One toilet that we've considered for our streets ( and for the garden) is
that wonderful high tech, self cleaning toilet that you see all over Paris.
But they're expensive.

Happy gardening,
Adam Honigman