community and youth garden conference

>Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 18:28:40 -0500
>From: Tom Tyler <ttyler@vt.edu>
>Subject: more info on conference
Please distribute this announcement widely by email and to local meetings,
bulletin boards, medial, etc.  For more details on workshops and a
downloadable registration form, visit <www.lssnca.org>.  For more
information, contact Tom Tyler, Virginia Cooperative Extension,
703-228-6423 or ttyler@vt.edu.

BUILDING COMMUNITY FROM THE GROUND UP
a conference on community and youth gardening
February 18-19, 2001
at FIRST TRINITY LUTHERAN CHURCH
309 E Street, NW, Washington, DC 20001

(See www.wmata.com and www.stationmasters.org for metro and
neighborhood maps.  Look for the Judiciary Square Station on the red line.)

ATTENTION!  Community gardeners, teachers, neighborhood and city leaders,
church members, students, after-school program staff, youth leaders,
policy-makers, master gardeners and horticulture therapists.  This one and a
half day conference is for you!  Whether you are just beginning to green
your community, are adding gardening to your curriculum, or you are working
to sustain existing projects, this conference will include a dynamic mix of
learning and networking.

* Related organizations, greening projects are welcome to bring displays or
literature (see registration form below).

ABOUT THE AMERICAN COMMUNITY GARDENING ASSOCIATION (ACGA)
ACGA is a national non-profit membership organization of professionals,
volunteers, and supporters of community gardening in urban, suburban, and
rural communities.  ACGA seeks to promote community gardening and greening
as a means for improving the quality of life for people and their
communities.
Visit the ACGA website at www.communitygarden.org.

This conference is SPONSORED BY:  American Community Gardening Association;
Arlington County Department of Parks, Recreation and Community Resources;
Garden Resources of Washington; First Trinity Lutheran Church; Lutheran
Social Services of the National Capital Area; and Virginia Cooperative
Extension.

SUNDAY, 18 FEBRUARY 2001
1:00 - 2:00 PM  REGISTRATION