peace lilly

I have a beautiful peace lilly that I received as a gift from my father.
I've had the plant for about 6 weeks.  I've noticed that the flowers are
starting to turn thin and brown.  I am getting new stem and flower
growth, so I don't think I've killed it completely....am I over-watering?
 It is located in a place which receives filtered sun.  Any help you may
give would be greatly appreciated.