standards for community gardens

-----Original Message-----
From: Karl Linn [mailto:karllinn@lmi.net]
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2001 5:35 PM
To: smccabe@pennhort.org
Subject: standards for community gardens

Here in Berkeley we are still working to secure permanent
land  for community gardens by incorporating guidelines into our General
Plan. So far we have guidelines in the Draft General Plan, and are still
working to refine them.

I am wondering, are there any cities (besides Seattle) in the US that you
know of that have adopted standards for the number of community gardens per
capita and/or the number of square footage of community garden space per
capita? Also, are do any cities have standards that detail how much square
footage each garden should have per gardener?

I look forward to hearing from you,

Karl Linn

Karl Linn
1608 Acton Street