RE: Use of treated lumber not recommended for vegetable raised beds

  • Subject: RE: [cg] Use of treated lumber not recommended for vegetable raised beds
  • From: "Honigman, Adam" <Adam.Honigman@Bowne.com>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 09:54:13 -0500

Friends,

Nothing more to add to the anti-treated lumber voices here except this:

If you're going to the trouble of creating raised beds, why even think of
using toxic, creosote soaked boards to hold the dirt that  you're going to
grow your veggies in?

Yes, dirt mounds are cheap, rocks work really well, plastic wood is
expensive as is untreated wood but the alternative of using toxic materials
is much, much worse.

Happy New Year,
Adam Honigman