New Indian garden needs input

  • Subject: [cg] New Indian garden needs input
  • From: KarenWagner <KarenWagner@ctuir.com>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 14:01:25 -0800

Members of  the Umatilla Indian Reservation are exploring options for
creating a community garden and wonder if there are other community gardens
in Indian Country who could share experience, ideas, successes?

We are located in eastern Oregon, on the Columbia Plateau, get 14-22 inches
of rain annually, and have minimal experience with row cropping
historically, or presently.  Most agriculture out here is dry land wheat.
Local community is small, but our health problems relating to diet, lack of
exercise  and cultural cohesion are getting bigger.

Looking forward to input from others in a similar situation!

Karen Wagner
Water Quality Coordinator

IMPORTANT: This e-mail may contain information that represents the views and
opinions of the author and so may not necessarily reflect the views and
opinions of the C.T.U.I.R.  as an organization.