RE: New Indian garden needs input

  • Subject: RE: [cg] New Indian garden needs input
  • From: "Honigman, Adam" <Adam.Honigman@Bowne.com>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 18:24:44 -0500

Hi Karen,

We once had a Mohawk ( ironworker, of course)  from upstate New York who
gardened in our NYC community garden with his girlfriend, but I don't think
that counts ;)
Seriously, you should go to the website of the American Community Gardening
Association http://www.communitygarden.org and click on the links, printing
out the stuff that you like.You may want to hook up with community gardens
from the Portland area as a resource:
http://www.parks.ci.portland.or.us/Parks/CommunityGardens.htm

Here's the ACGA link on starting a community garden.
http://www.communitygarden.org/pubs/starting.html

Having gardened with community gardeners from all over the world at the
Clinton Community Garden in NYC, http://www.clintoncommunitygarden.org , I
think that organizing the garden so that is is both fun and fair is really
helpful.

Best wishes,
Adam Honigman