RE: New Indian garden needs input

  • Subject: RE: [cg] New Indian garden needs input
  • From: JSBMH2@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 00:16:45 EST

I am currently working with members of both the Citizen Potowatmi Nation and
the Absentee Shawnee Nation to establish Community Gardens, although our
areas of the country are vastly different, the goals are the same.  We are in
the early stages but I will be glad to keep you informed as we work toward
spring planting.  The tribes contacted Urban Harvest with the goal of helping
fight a high incident of Diabetes through exercise, diet and healthy food.
There are ample tribal lands and our meetings have been very encouraging.  We
start building plots in February.
Contact me at:
John Herndon
Urban Harvest Coordinator