RE: How Did Your Garden Grow in 2001?

  • Subject: RE: [cg] How Did Your Garden Grow in 2001?
  • From: "Jim Call" <jimcall@casagarden.com>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 20:29:25 -0600

Adam and all,
Year 2001 for the CASA Community Garden had its ups and downs.  Too much
rain during the summer curtailed the production of several vegetables, but a
very mild fall was good for our greens.  In summary, we were very fortunate
to harvest another record harvest, 19,204 lbs (not bad for a 1/3 of an acre)
which helped feed over 7,500 (per 2 1/2 lbs. service unit) of Madison
County's elderly and homebound.

Our garden project was very honored to received more awards for our efforts.
Our biggest prize of course was the announcement of our relocation to a
permanent site with the support of our city and county.  CASA is in the
process of raising the bulk of the funding required to build this "model"
community garden.

Please visit my website, www.casagarden.com for updates on our progress and
all the pictures you could ever wish for. Hopefully this spring, we will
plant a new garden.  The completion of all the proposed structures may take
a few years.  Next week, I will begin my "Jim's Beggin' Tour" for this
project. Wish me luck.

Please email me if you have any questions/advice/comments about our garden.

I wish all of you the best this year.  Together, we can make a difference in
our communities.

Kindest regards,  Jim Call, CASA Community Garden Volunteer Director

Oh yeah, my babies are Matthew, age 23, Courtney, 20 and Jon, 16.  They are
great "babies".