Re: Ratio CG

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Ratio CG
  • From: Lenny Librizzi <plantlot@rcn.com>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 14:26:38 -0500

For city comparisons of open space not just cg's see Inside City Parks by Peter Harnik. I believe the information is also
available on the Trust for Public Land Website www.tpl.org
If you check the community_garden@mallorn.com archives I posted a paper that I did on community garden policies. I
remember there being a problem with the size of the attached file on the list serv. I will send you an attachment
separately. Seattle is the only cities that has a recommended ratio for cgs.
By the way the NYC Dept. of City Planning recommends 2.5 acres per 1000 residents of open space though most low
income communities and communities of color have less than 1.5 acres of open space per 1000 residents.
Lenny Librizzi