CG Research Materials request

  • Subject: [cg] CG Research Materials request
  • From: Amanda Maria Edmonds <aedmonds@umich.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 16:57:06 -0500 (EST)

Dear community gardeners, scholars, researchers, et al,

We're embarking on a project to create a literature review of community
garden research-- it will eventually be available to all, and serve as a
great starting point for graduate students and others looking to study
community gardening.  We've been gathering literature-- in the form of
journals, theses, reports, program evaluations, et al-- from many places
and people, and would love your help in two ways!  We'll offer much
gratitude if you:

1) Send us citations, bibliographies, journal articles, theses (especially
these, because they are often unpublished), book titles, or other references
with community gardening data.  We would love actual documents, but the
citations/sources will suffice.

2) Send us your contacts!  We've been compiling a list of community garden
researchers (in part by combing the community garden listserve archives)-- if
you are one, or know of others, send their contact info our way!

(FYI, we already have the ACGA research agenda, other references
from the ACGA website, and will visit the ACGA archives in Phile...)

Hope I hear from many of you via email at aedmonds@umich.edu or by snail
mail at Amanda Edmonds, 1119 Spring Street, Ann Arbor, MI  48103.

Dreaming of springtime,
Amanda Maria Edmonds and Katherine Alaimo
@ the University of Michigan

     We must be the change we wish to see in the world. -Gandhi