RE: New Orleans Focus Group

  • Subject: RE: [cg] New Orleans Focus Group
  • From: "Honigman, Adam" Adam.Honigman@Bowne.com
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 12:25:04 -0500

Jef,

While you are writing up your materials, putting together your slides and/or Powerpoint presentation for possible funders and future stakeholders in your project, you might want to do a few of these things:

1) Go to the "Gardening with Seniors and the Disabled" links on the ACGA website:
http://www.communitygarden.org/links/index.html#seniors and get in touch through these links or at LSU or Tulane with Louisiana based Horticultural therapy practitioners.

2) This old link from the North West Louisiana gardeners has a pair of likely suspects.

3) From the Rothbert book listings in the ACGA list, you can get the address of the Chicago Botanical Gardens amazing enabled garden - some pictures from them might be worth a thousand words.

4) The last time I looked, the ACGA didn't seem to have any member gardens in Louisiana, which seems a darn shame. Please consider this e-mail your formal invitation to join once you've gotten your garden set up. http://www.communitygarden.org/about/membership.html

Love to join you for your focus group. Temperatures in NYC are in the teens and I'm dying for some good cajun food and music...what a thought! Crumbs from Caesar's table.

Best wishes,
Adam Honigman
Volunteer, Clinton Community Garden