Re: Article on Community Gardening

  • Subject: [cg] Re: Article on Community Gardening
  • From: CONNIEDKELLY@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 14:44:40 EST

I am writing in regard to the message from Betsy Bean, who is interested in writing an article on how community gardens are organized.  My company publishes a 12-page monthly newspaper entitled "Health & Gardens" a user-friendly guide to Horticultural Therapy (HT). The publication is a collection of informative articles, ideas for HT projects and activities, resources, etc.

As you may know, Horticultural Therapy is the process of using plants, gardening and horticulture related activities to help improve the health and well-being of participants. HT has been shown effective in helping to improve the quality of life, especially for people living in a long-term care, rehabilitation or correctional facility.

The message mentions an interest in reaching small communities under 50,000 in size, our subscribers are located throughout the United States, both in small towns and big cities.  I think an article on organizing a community garden would be well received by all.  If interested, I can be reached at the address listed below. Thanks.

Connie Kelly
The Metier Publishing Group
PO Box 798
Brentwood, CA  94513