FW: Unique Biointensive garden apprenticeship in Argentina
- Subject: [cg] FW: Unique Biointensive garden apprenticeship in Argentina
- From: "John Verin" jverin@Pennhort.org
- Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 15:44:34 -0500
- Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
- Thread-index: AcLD5/s3xYMhqNnVR462QQ6cXP5nlAAAWQKQ
- Thread-topic: Unique Biointensive garden apprenticeship in Argentina
Please forward this to people and lists who may be interested.
This apprenticeship is an opportunity to learn "Grow Biointensive" gardening in Los Andes mountains, Patagonia, Argentina. "Grow Biointensive" is the gardening method developed by John Jeavons, known by his book, "How To Grow More Vegetables." This method grows the most food using the least space, inputs and effort, and is literally saving lives and ecosystems worldwide. CIESA is the host, "a teaching, research and production center of sustainable agriculture in Chubut Province." I have met their director, Fernando Pia, who is a delightful and talented person.
From the announcement poster:
A student at CIESA will  have the opportunity to:
* learn and perform Grow Biointensive sustainable mini-farming techniques  5-1/2 days a week
* share knowledge and culture with other students from  around the world
* learn to speak Spanish (at CIESA we also speak English)
* eat wonderful organic food
* sell vegetables from the farm at the market
* learn how to teach and help other people
* have most weekends free
* take one month vacation annually
* live in a beautiful location with lakes and mountains. And CIESA is a short 7km from El Bolson, a beautiful town with a large number of artists, artisans and people from  all over the world.
Cost: $1800 per year, including food from the garden and lodging.
CIESA web site: www.proyeectociesa.com.ar
CIESA email: mailto:email@example.com
CIESA U.S. email: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Grow Biointensive web site: www.growbiointensive.org
Grow Biointensive gardener
and GBI Basic Teacher in training
The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org
To post an e-mail to the list: email@example.com
To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription: https://secure.mallorn.com/mailman/listinfo/community_garden