Re: Community garden nutrient inputs

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Community garden nutrient inputs
  • From: Tamsin Salehian tamsin@sparecreative.com
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 16:01:02 +1100

Tanks Libby,
It is great to hear about what other gardens do, your composting sounds
great. We too have been collecting woodchips from our local arborists so
hopefully when our paths rot down we'll have a good addition to the compost

A great permaculture garden in a town about two hours away has the local
council bring in all of the leaves from autumn sweeping (most of our street
trees are non-native deciduous) and they also have a free range organic
chicken/egg farm close by which they collect manure from and create great
steaming piles of compost all winter. A beautiful system and amazing results
from the vegie gardens this is used on. They have the advantage of space and
a bobcat to shift huge mounds of stuff around but awesome system.

I'd like to hear what others are up too as well...