RE: Free Compostable Coffee Grounds from Starbucks

  • Subject: RE: [cg] Free Compostable Coffee Grounds from Starbucks
  • From: "Honigman, Adam" Adam.Honigman@Bowne.com
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 17:52:17 -0500

If your local cafe will do the right thing, then use them.  If a big player wants to be socially responsible, why not. In fact, if we hit our veggie markets, health food stores that have alot of compostable material, why not?
This valuable material sitting in landfills is killing us. If community gardeners are in the forefront of urban volunteer composting, it's another reason for funders, politicians and folks who want the land we're gardening to pay attention to our message - to support us, follow us or leave us alone.
Hey, I once composted some flowers left over from a Martha Stewart photo shoot.  Compostables are compostables, ;=)
Again, best wishes,
Adam Honigman