Re: Get Your Garden in the News! encouragement

  • Subject: [cg] Re: Get Your Garden in the News! encouragement
  • From: Yvonne Savio ydsavio@ucdavis.edu
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 12:32:33 -0800

Hi, All--

Thanks to Rick Bacigalupi for the opportunity (excuse!) to connect with our local PBS stations and promo our individual programs as the local manifestation of his more general/San Francisco presentation! He's provided a wonderful model letter for us to fill in the blanks with our own program emphasis and specifics. One word I'd change is at the end of the first paragraph--"The film is ESPECIALLY appropriate for programming around Earth Day, April 22nd."

My time is always so tight, dealing with specifics of our program, that I often put off doing much public relations work. But Rick has provided such an easy mode of "fill in the blanks" and the specific contact info at my local PBS station, that I can quickly get this out!

I urge everyone to take advantage of Rick's having done the basic work to help each of us get out the word about each of our precious community gardens and gardeners!

Ciao for now.

Yvonne Savio
Common Ground Garden Program Manager
Phone: 323-260-3407
Fax: 323-881-0067
Email: ydsavio@ucdavis.edu
Website: celosangeles.ucdavis.edu (click on "Common Ground Garden Program")
Master Gardener Email Gardening Helpline: mglosangeleshelpline@ucdavis.edu
Master Gardener Phone Gardening Helpline: 323-260-3238

Volunteers of the Common Ground Garden Program help low-income and limited-resource county residents to grow and eat more nutritious vegetables and fruits. Programs include Master Gardeners (seasonal gardening presentations) and Fresh From The Garden (simple nutrition and food safety presentations). We work primarily with community gardens, school gardens, seniors, and homeless and battered women's shelters.

Yvonne Savio
Common Ground Garden Program Manager
University of California Cooperative Extension in Los Angeles County
4800 E. Cesar Chavez Ave., Los Angeles 90022
Phone: 323-260-3407
Fax: 323-881-0067
Email: ydsavio@ucdavis.edu
Website: celosangeles.ucdavis.edu (click on "Common Ground Garden Program")
Master Gardener Email Gardening Helpline: mglosangeleshelpline@ucdavis.edu
Master Gardener Phone Gardening Helpline: 323-260-3238

Volunteers of the Common Ground Garden Program help low-income and limited-resource county residents to grow and eat more nutritious vegetables and fruits. Programs include Master Gardener volunteers (seasonal gardening presentations) and Fresh From The Garden volunteers (simple nutrition and food safety presentations). We work primarily with community gardens, school gardens, seniors, and homeless and battered women's shelters.