re: asbestos in rain water roof runoff?
- Subject: [cg] re: asbestos in rain water roof runoff?
- From: "Bill Maynard" bMaynard@WoodRodgers.com
- Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 13:13:53 -0800
- Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
- Thread-index: AcPWNIn7XvvpI0ImEdiw+AADR2vUag==
- Thread-topic: re: asbestos in rain water roof runoff?
Regarding asbestos in rain water runoff from composition roofs...I asked a certified asbestos contractor for his thoughts...
"It is highly unlikely that any asbestos residue would result from this material. The asbestos fibers are tightly bound by the bitumens in the material, and unless they are highly decomposed, I can't imagine this being a concern. "
Phillip C. Fischbach
Environmental Program Manager
County of Sacramento
So if the roof is in good shape there should not be any danger. Anyone find any studies on this?
The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org
To post an e-mail to the list: firstname.lastname@example.org
To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription: https://secure.mallorn.com/mailman/listinfo/community_garden