New CG Water Supply

  • Subject: [cg] New CG Water Supply
  • From: "Catherine Fenner" ccfenner@comcast.net
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 11:43:43 -0700

A new community garden is set to go in a city park. The water is to come
from a reservoir that contains water from the city streets. The park plans
to put in a filtration system and I'm wondering if there's any experience
here on how effective, and safe, that filtration system is apt to be.

No information yet on the specifics of the filtration system, so I can't
pass that along. My understanding is that the entire park is to be watered
by the same system, so the garden plots will get the same spray. The funder
is requiring organic practices, but I'm concerned that the water source will
negate those efforts.

Any suggestions on where to go for further information?

Catherine