Re: garden dispute

  • Subject: Re: [cg] garden dispute
  • From: Grow19@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 10:09:25 EST

Nothing like a good google search.
The Passe Crassane pear is a variety originating in 1845 in France,  and
seems to be common in Europe, according to the references.  It is sold  by the
Keepers Nursery in Kent, England.  I have emailed them to ask  for the cost of
purchasing and shipping a tree and will let you know what I  learn.  I didn't
see any other vendors.
I think it appropriate for the tree to be replaced, not for $ to go to  the
gardener, but directly for the new purchase.  Letting the gardener  dictate a
number is not going to make anyone feel better, and not going to fix  anything.
I think it unfair to criticize the gardener for having a 'fancy  tree.'  And
if the garden has allowed trees, so be it.
Someone -- either garden(s) or the fence company -- choose to cut down this
tree in the course of putting up the fence.  And they should apologize and
replace the tree.  Maybe it was the fence company?
Judy Tiger, DC