RE: (good luck, Adam!) and compassion, the quilt and the plan

  • Subject: RE: [cg] (good luck, Adam!) and compassion, the quilt and the plan
  • From: "Utah Gardens" UtahGardens@comcast.net
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 10:00:05 -0700

It really does make sense to me to create areas for specific plants,
especially fruit trees and natural habitats, that take up space and need to
stick around awhile in the landscape.

Absolutely right Don.

In fact, I would say to let gardeners know up front, in the rules, that if
they choose to plant a long term tree, or anything else, then it is expected
that others will enjoy the fruits of it. They will be adding to that common
area of the garden and whatever they put in should not be thought of as
their own. Just let them know ahead of time, and then if they choose to make
an addition to the garden, they are aware of how it will be seen, as a
donation to the garden as a whole, subject to the governing body of that
garden.