Fwd: JOB: Native American Program Coordinator (Tucson, AZ)
- Subject: [cg] Fwd: JOB: Native American Program Coordinator (Tucson, AZ)
- From: Amanda Maria Edmonds firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 10:04:46 -0500
Begin forwarded message:
Native American Program Coordinator
40 hours per week, salaried position with benefits
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Native American Coordinator will work to establish and maintain
contact with Indian tribes, organizations and individuals for the
purpose of providing information regarding Native Seeds/SEARCH's mission
The Native American Program Coordinator will accomplish these goals
through person-to-person contact, telephone and written correspondence.
This is an exempt position, supervised by the Executive Director. The
position is grant funded for one year.
* Present NS/S's mission and projects to Native American individuals,
tribal administrators, organizations and educators.
* Review NS/S's free seed program and collect information from program
recipients to assess its effectiveness.
* Work with NS/S staff and resource persons to provide technical
information and other assistance to Indian individuals and tribal
* Develop a visitation program geared toward Native American gardeners
* Attend pertinent events throughout the region to gather information
for and to present information on NS/S programs (this includes
* Promote the benefits of and provide information on the use of
traditional and desert foods to prevent and manage diabetes in Native
* In conjunction with the Executive Director and other staff, develop
and implement a plan to market NS/S to Native Americans, especially in
1. Bachelor's degree in Native American studies, anthropology or related
field, or 3 years experience in coordinating an equivalent program or
2. Experience in planning and implementation of community development
3. Knowledge and appreciation of Native American traditions.
4. Knowledge of gardening and agricultural practices a plus.
5. Working knowledge/experience with Tribes, Nations, and Indian
6. Ability to work with Native and non-Native people of varying cultural
7. Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
8. Ability to work effectively with a wide range of people, maintain
confidentiality and demonstrate sensitivity and discretion in all
aspects of work.
9. Willingness to commit to the mission and goals of Native Seeds
10. Willingness to work some weekends and evenings, and ability to
For more information about Native Seeds/SEARCH, please consult our
Send cover letter, resume and references to:
Native Seeds SEARCH
526 N. Fourth Ave.
Tucson, AZ 85705
Or fax to 520-622-5591
Or email to email@example.com
Position open until filled.
native-plants mailing list
---------- End Forwarded Message ----------
----- End forwarded message -----
Amanda Maria Edmonds
Executive Director, Growing Hope
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world."
"To forget to dig the earth and to tend the soil is to forget
The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org
To post an e-mail to the list: firstname.lastname@example.org
To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription: https://secure.mallorn.com/mailman/listinfo/community_garden