Moderating this List

  • Subject: [cg] Moderating this List
  • From: "Anna Wasescha" ariel@umn.edu
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 09:11:04 -0600

Michael Yount and I are the two List Managers for the ACGA listserv.  We're
the silent, behind the scenes folks who work hard to keep all that "waste of
time" spam off the deck.

I think Adam is doing a remarkable job being the lead contributor and it's no
surprise that readers would think he was the List Manager as well.

Every good project requires lead actors and tech people to make sure the
lights go up and the curtain falls at the right moment.  Subscribers get their
postings automatically put up on the list.  We don't see them until you see
them.  It's a testimony to the discipline of this on-line community that
Michael and I almost never need to address the content of the postings.  We're
busy keeping the riff raff spammers at bay, so Adam and all the rest of you
can keep your focus on community gardening.

Happy New Year to all of you!

Anna Wasescha
Farm in the City and ACGA list manager
1312 Dayton Avenue