Question of Usage

  • Subject: [cg] Question of Usage
  • From: jsalans@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 00:12:41 -0500

The Sunnyvale City Council found wisdom last week as they voted to give our fledgling non-profit, Sustainable Community Gardens, the land that we have been seeking for nearly two years, right smack in the heart of our civic center, for a community garden. We have five years to make it something they won't want to take away from us.
My task and the reason I am writing, is to determine the USAGE patterns of the garden without my ever having experienced a community garden. How many people attend your gardens at any given time? What is the maximum and what percentage of the maximum occupancy of your garden is this number? We are planning 87 raised garden beds and I need to pro-actively report to the city before getting our USE permit, what I think the maximum usage at any given time will be.
Your experienced feedback would be much appreciated.
Thank you,
Josh Salans
Sunnyvale, CA