Re: designs for handicapped accessible beds?

  • Subject: Re: [cg] designs for handicapped accessible beds?
  • From: jsalans@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 17:30:44 -0500

At least on paper our design for raised handicapped accessible beds are as follows:
We are making 4' x 8' beds 20 inches high out of rough redwood.

The sides are stacked:
4 - 2 x 10' - 8'
4 - 2 x 10 - 4'

4 -  4" x 4" posts 28" high so that they hold the box together at the corners (inside the box) from the top to 8 inches extending into the ground below.

6 - 2" x 4" - 28" high to be screwed onto the 8' outsides at 3' & 6' intervals - 2 per side, and one on each side of the 4' width at the 3' interval. These will have points at the base for banging into the ground 8", then they will be screwed into the beds.

2" x 6" railing screwed into the top of all sides for sitting on the bed.

Josh