Prison garden in Missouri

Hello garden folks,

Thought some of you might be interested in the following article (link
below) on a prison garden in Boonville, Missouri.
http://www.cnn.com/2000/FOOD/news/07/07/seeds.of.reform.ap/

I have recently received a Peace Corps invitation to serve as an
agriculture/forestry volunteer in El Salvador for a couple of years.  My
recruiter said that I would most likely be working in a gardening
cooperative or a tree nursery.  Does anyone on this list have any
experience in agriculture work in Latin America -- specifically Central
America?  I would love to get in touch with you.  Also, if anyone knows of
internet resources I should look up, please drop me a line -- see my e-mail
above (so you don't have to reply to the whole list).

Thank you,
Emma Eyre

Emma Eyre
Curriculum Coordinator