RE: ground rules

Kathi,

You might find this link from Washington State University on "Stewardship
Gardening"/ Organic Gardening to be of interest:
http://134.121.86.147/stewardship/organic/organic.htm

It sounds like you've already done alot of work already. It might be a good
idea to send a few soil samples to your local state agricultural extension
for analysis to see what you have ( depending on where you are, or what your
suspisions are, you may want to check for pesticides, chemical run off,
etc.)

Happy gardening,

Adam