Re: Prison Farms And All That

  • To: David King <greenman@ucla.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [cg] Prison Farms And All That
  • From: "Pat Elazar" <Pat_Elazar@cwb.ca>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 17:31:30 -0500

Thank you to David for reminding us all that local action is usually more
effective than universal lament. I have learned much from this thread-
especially from the heartfelt comments of Laura & Sarah who reminded me of the
human sides to this divisive issue. I also thank Judy, Emma & Adam for their
sincere comments.

I DONT feel that any of the contributors intended to impune the personal or
family history of others on the list, & if any insult was taken, it has been
apologised for. I am impressed by the strong variety & diversity represented
here. Let us remember that while we may disagree on many items, we still have
much in common.

I feel that I have personally gained the insight to judge the efficacy of this
kind of program, should it be proposed in my area,  on its merit (or lack)
rather than the media snow/smear job.