RE: mosquitos in water barrels

Yup; Mario's right.

The solution to Adam's quandary lies in the potential fallability of online
data.  The key in this case is to follow the URL to its source.  While the
"page" or URL that Adam cites does look pretty damning, looking at the base
site, www.protector.pair.com, reveals a less than authoritative foundation.
First, it's useful to be wary of the .com suffix, but, beyond that, reading the
base site shows, at the least, a lack of scientific reliability as established
by reference and citation.  To put it simply, there's no reference or
substantiation for the inclusion of BT on such a list.  The list itself gives
cause for pause: BT is not a trade name; also, it is listed as type I.  What the
heck is a type I?  From what source was this extrapolated?  Wha?

In an organic growers' coop that I helped found, we relied on BT for several
crops.  It's accepted by organic certifying agencies and organizations.
Granted, even a bacterial solution should be addressed as part of an integrated,
natural approach to pest control, but lindane?  nah.

Happy BT,
Ron