Re: mosquito fish

> I've also heard that one can stock a water barrel
> with mosquito fish
> (Gambusia?) becasue they don't need a lot of oxygen.
>  (Personally, I really
> like this option for you because when I get my pond
> installed in my
> backyard, you can give me some extra fish! ;-))

Mosquito fish are wonderful.  We put just a few in a
5ft-by-4ft pond; now we have many!  They breed like
crazy. You don't need to oxygenate the water.  You
don't have to feed them.  They eat each other and the
algae that inevitably grows - and the mosquito larvae,
of course!)  We got ours free from the local Vector

Katie Wright (new to list; lurking for a couple of

Do You Yahoo!?